People often ask my daughter and I at Curio Craft & Conjure “What is the difference between a mojo bag and a spell bottle?”
See – we carry premade spell bottles, but our personalized mojo bags are more popular.
A mojo bag (also called a Gris-Gris bag, Toby hand or Mojo Hand) is a magickal bag filled with items intended to create the energy of the specific intention of the carrier.
A spell bottle is a small magickal bottle filled with items intended to create the energy of the specific intention of the owner – literally almost the same thing – with a few exceptions.
Both are made with the mix of herbs, talismans, curios, crystals, and petition papers specific to your intention.
Mojo bags originated with African, and Native American cultures, where the spell bottles come from Europe.
Both are effective and powerful brands of magick – but I personally prefer the mojo bag for a few reasons:
- I don’t like carrying the glass spell bottle with me, for fear of it breaking. (I just prefer my spell bottles for home.)
- The mojo bag is easy to “conceal and carry”. (No one should ever see your mojo bag or know of it’s contents.)
- The mojo bag becomes “a part of you” because you must add your personal concerns – hair, nails, etc. (This is not possible with pre-made spell bottles, – but you can make your own).
It’s easy to make a mojo bag! Here are my 9 steps to Good Mojo!
9 Steps to Good Mojo
Here is what you need:
- A small red flannel or cotton bag.
- A specific intention.
- 3, 5, 7, 9 or 11 items (curios, talismans, herbs, crystals etc)
- Include your personal concerns in the number of items in your bag.
- With each item you include, ask it to work on your behalf.
- Include a petition paper in your bag with your desire written in the positive and present tense – as if you already have it.
- Once you have added all the items to your bag, pull the drawstring closed, tying the strings into 2 knots. As you tie the second knot, say “With these knots I bind you to this purpose.”
- Finally, “feed it” by anointing it with Florida Water, Whisky, or a corresponding oil while saying (or intending) “With this I give you strength to accomplish your purpose”.
- Feed it once a week for 4 weeks for the first month (at the same time of day) – and once a month afterward.
If you ever thought about creating your own mojo bag, try this!!!
This is the last week Tuition Assistance is available for The Oracle Academy. Tuition Assistance officially closes Thursday September 17, 2020.
The Oracle Academy is a series of 9 courses designed for those who want to expand their intuitive gifts.
The current value of The Oracle Academy is $3200. Upon acceptance of the Tuition Assistance program, you can pay just a fraction of the value.
And, as a member of The Oracle Academy you will be able to enjoy the benefits of taking all 9 current programs and future programs – for your one-time fee. * Note: This does not include my DailyOM courses.
Note: Applying for Tuition Assistance does not guarantee selection.
If selected, a confirmation email will be sent. You will be required to make your reduced payment within 24 hours of acceptance.