People come into Curio, Craft & Conjure for all kinds of support.
I like to say we are “more than a metaphysical store” because my daughter and I share how we live with our customers.
So – when we are helping you with a custom carved candle, helping you select ingredients for your mojo bag, helping you select the perfect crystals for your crystal grid, or just need help creating your ancestor altar – we are sharing what works for us while inviting you to be your own authority.
Lately, we’ve had people come in with the same issue: Anxiety.
Whether they are looking for a crystal for their child who is going back to school or an herb for themselves, this seems to be a common theme.
A popular herb that has many magickal uses is valerian. This stinky herb has been known to support folks for everything from uncrossing, to jinxing, to stopping marital fights and for protection.
It is also a wonderful herb that can soothe your nerves.
This is my personal remedy for “calm tea”. It helps take some of the pungent smell out of the herb while also working wonders.
- Valerian Root (available in the store and online)
5 Simple Steps to Calm
- Prepare your mug with lemon juice, honey and a cap-full of vanilla to taste.
- Pour boiled water in your mug and steep 1 teaspoon of valerian herb for 3 minutes.
- During the 3 minutes, place your hands around your cup, feeling its warmth.
- Close your eyes, and give yourself permission to feel, sense and imagine calm washing over your body with each sip.
- Sprinkle cinnamon on top. This will cut some of the natural stench of the herb.
Enjoy the peace that washes over you.