Glamour Magick is one of the least understood types of Magick.
When looking for love, most folks may get on dating sites while burning red candles, but there is a subtlety of Glamour Magick, which is often overlooked.
Women have been trained to allow themselves to be at the mercy of outdated beauty “standards.” Unfortunately, both marketing and Magick offer “fixer-upper” rituals. Magazines, television, and the beauty industry has convinced us that we are not perfect, but if we use their product or services, we could save ourselves from being “ugly.”
Sometimes we find ourselves buying perfumes, makeup, skincare, Spanx, and falling for unhealthy or unflattering trends, buying into the idea that we need “fixing.”
Am I saying we should stop buying all these things?
No – not all of them – the key is how we use them, or better yet, our intention when using them. This especially goes for fragrance, skincare, & makeup.
This newsletter is for you if you currently use any of these items!
When looking for love from a broken place, we get exactly what we don’t want. Quickly replacing a relationship that left you with feelings of unworthiness puts you at risk of dragging “unworthy” baggage into your new relationship.
How does that look? Your new partner triggers more of these feelings:
- For example, if, when you accidentally drop something, you call yourself stupid, your new partner may also call you stupid.
- Or if, when you look in the mirror, your inner critic calls you overweight, you will find someone who will be happy to tell you that you should lose weight.
On the other hand, if you apply your body lotion, you thank every inch of your body, complimenting your “assets,” or better yet – thanking them, you’re more likely to attract someone who will do the same! (And you certainly will not settle for some jack-asshole who doesn’t appreciate your true beauty.)
The moral here is to treat yourself the way you want to be treated. True beauty is confidence and comfort in your skin.
• Be kind in your “self-talk.”
• Take yourself on “dates.”
• Treat yourself with thoughtful gifts.
Another simple ritual is to apply your makeup and skincare intentionally:
- Applying mascara? Chant “I see him/her” so you are sure to spot the person of your dreams.
- Applying fragrance? Anoint with the intention to attract your perfect partner.
- Putting moisturizer on your face? Intend that you are vibrant, radiant, and healthy down to the cellular level.
Again, the key here is intention. Apply your makeup, fragrance, and skincare because you are joyfully preparing for what’s to come.
If you enjoy these newsletters and love Curio, Craft & Conjure, please give us a 5-Star Google review!
You Are Loved!