Last week, we reviewed the functions of an aura, and this week, we’ll explore how to read one.
First, I’ll provide “crib notes” on colors and their meanings and body parts and their significance – before we get into the “how to” of Aura Reading.
Colors & Their Meaning
Red: Life, passion, energy, and motivation are linked to providing basic needs for self or others.
Orange: Creativity, feelings, attracted to that which is newly emerging.
Yellow: Intellectual, mental, indicates organizational categorical, management skills.
Green: Healing skills, likes to see people or projects moving from point A to point B.
Blue: Compassionate, understanding, communicable, likes learning and understanding.
Purple: Deeply intuitive, humanly spiritual color of the transformation period
White: Relates to principles, concepts, and purpose. Silver: transmission can transmit data from one point to another.
Gold: Color of universal love.
Pink: Color of human love- combines white of spirit and purpose with red, proving it acts/ provides life.
Brown: Earthy and earthbound indicates a connection to nature or natural processes.
Black: Can indicate a strong ability, hidden power, or need or skill, and protecting oneself or others, may also cover a hidden or understood ability that needs to come forth.
Body Parts & Their Significance
Feet: Relates to grounding, where one would prosper concerning living environment, type of work atmosphere needed.
Knees: Style of mobility, how a person changes and shifts with life’s ups and downs.
Thighs: Relates to inherited traits and tendencies, masculine and feminine programming, and stored, unprocessed emotions about masculine and feminine nature.
Hips: Relates to first chakra issues. Look here to understand fundamental career-end job needs/ skills/ industries.
Abdomen: Relates to second chakra issues. This area can provide insight into a person’s basic feelings, nature, and creative gifts.
Stomach: Relates to the 3rd chakra and indicates a person’s mental gifts and success drives.
Heart: Relates to relationship needs, behaviors and personality.
Thymus: Relates to the connection between someone and their spiritual identity and beliefs about the right to be strong and safe.
Throat: Relates to a person’s communication style and abilities.
Face: This shows how someone sees the world and what they need to see when they wake up in the morning.
Forehead: Relates to someone’s sense of body and self-image, goals and pre-directions, and predictions for the future.
Top of Head: relates to important and innate principles, what is important to this person.
Note: Issues on the right side of the body concern stereotypically male regards (action, behavior, relationship with the world). Issues on the left side of the body relate to stereotypical female concerns (receptivity, emotions, guidance, and relationship with the inner self).
Reading Your Aura
Many of my private students have learned a technique I call Your Personal Tree. Like this exercise, we use imagination and intent to identify and address healing opportunities. This exercise has more of a ritual quality and is just as powerful!
Materials Needed: Colored pencils or crayons & paper.
- Write a list of challenges you are experiencing in your life. (Financial issues, low self-esteem, weight issues, chronic pain, etc.)
- On a separate piece of paper, draw a body shape on your paper representing you. Bring yourself into a meditative state. Take inventory of your body and how it’s feeling to pinpoint an issue you’re having in your body. Examples: Are you having pain anywhere? Do you have fear in your gut? Is there a place you feel shut down? Make an X in the corresponding chakra.
- Decide which auric layer that chakra and, therefore, that issue relates to. Draw this aura on your sheet. Now pretend you’re an intuitive doctor. What color or discolorations are in this layer? What needs to be changed? As you draw, be creative.
- When you’ve finished drawing, see if you can picture this aura in your head. Play around with it. See if you can make changes. Do you feel any shifts in or around you?
- What have you learned about yourself?
If you didn’t trust yourself with this exercise or would like a 2nd opinion, come to Curio, Craft & Conjure today between 12 – 5 (last appointment at 4:30) for an Aura Reading with Sondra Lambert. You will leave with a picture of your aura and even more insight!