The holidays bring so many emotions. For me, it is memories of those I lost and memories of childhood. When I look at this image, it reminds me of innocence that was taken from me at a very young age.
Many of us carry wounds from our youth – heavy memories of traumatic experiences.
Our hearts can often carry the images of this time like snapshots of the energetic burdens of the feelings that came from each experience.
This ritual will help you heal.
What you need:
- Blue 7-day candle
- White chime candle
- Picture of yourself at the age of your trauma (if available) OR an image like this, that reminds you of your inner child.
- 2 long pieces of ribbon or string
- Start by taking a few deep breaths, while recalling the experiences of your younger self.
- Light your white candle. (White is for purity)
- Tie your 2 ribbons or strings together. (One represents now, the other, “then”.)
- Think about yourself now, and the issues you are currently working through. Find the connection.
- Say this: “I honor this life, from past to present.”
- When ready, think about the lessons you learned from your past.
- Next, think about the power you gained from that experience.\
- Think about the opportunities you now have, due to the experience.
- Finally – cut the two pieces of ribbon/string – severing your bondage to the past.
- Blow out the white candle and say “I recognize and honor the lessons, opportunity, and power I have gained from my past.”
- Light the 7-day blue candle for Peace.
You are loved~