As a store owner, I now get to go crazy in one of my secret addictions: Books.
I come from a family of voracious readers, but it was my ex-husband who introduced me to the “self-help” category, leading me away sexy from chick-lit novels.
Many of the books we carry at Curio, Craft & Conjure, I will take the time to read so I can determine which clients to refer them to. I recently brought home a book that really goes crazy on the “harm none” concept.
Now here’s the thing: I do NOT go out of my way to harm anyone – AND (not “but”) if you harm me first, I will NOT turn the other cheek.
Hear this: I am not talking about hurting my feelings. I am too old to take many things too seriously. What I do take seriously is an actual intention to hurt “me or mine.”
Below is a quote from one of the books we currently carry. It is a good book – I just don’t happen to agree with this particular sentiment:
Positive magick is for the good of all. Negative magick and negative witchcraft are either blatantly harmful or just the tiniest bit manipulative. Positive work respects the free will of all and is for the good of all. Negative work is based on a belief that someone has to be pushed around – even for their own good. Negative work can have all sorts of rationalizations to make it seem right. But it is never right. Positive work never has to prove anything. It always works, and it always harms none.
If you are reading this newsletter, I am pretty confident that you have experienced some slight, injustice, or cruelty that this author would suggest you simply turn around and throw “love and light” on the perpetrator.
This type of bullshit rhetoric leads to your Spiritual Demise. I am not saying you should run around casting spells that influence the free will of the innocent because you can – but those who could give a shit about your free-will? Well, that is an entirely different subject.
If you have ever been a victim of emotional abuse, rape, injustice, or theft – your free will has been compromised.
“Turning the other cheek” can leave you with feelings of anger, bitterness, and diminished self-worth.
Sprinkling “fairy dust” on someone who physically or emotionally raped you will not help you feel powerful, victorious, or vindicated in any way.
Worst of all, doing nothing with these emotions can lead to emotional or physical illness.
From my experience, there are a few things you want to keep in mind in situations like these:
- Experiences like these can leave you feeling guilty, shameful, and/or stupid. The opportunity here is to recognize you are none of these things. If you dig deep, you may discover that the current “shituation” reflects your original wound – which holds an emotional reminder of something that happened long ago.
- Original wounds often occur in childhood – when you were defenseless.
- Doing “nothing” can perpetuate the feelings that keep you trapped. Doing something – especially Magick – can be a liberating, action-oriented opportunity to channel that energy at the appropriate target – and release it. A mindful approach helps you recognize and wield your power.
This is much more gratifying than the “love and light” approach.
Spiritual Garbage Picking: Finding The Treasure in Your Trash
For those of you who have experienced childhood trauma, grab your journal, and repeat this exercise until you realize how powerful you are:
Each night, before you go to bed, list these three things regarding your most traumatic experience.
- What did you learn through this experience?
- What opportunities came from this experience?
- What power did you gain from this experience?
The idea here is to come up with a list that allows you to embrace the present and release the past.
Join us as we move through shadow work and Shadow Magick in March.
Shadow Magick explores:
- Shadow Work: Finding the Treasure in your Trash.
- Emotions in Magick: How to fuel Your Magick.
- Dark Moon Magick: The Unique Opportunity that comes with the Dark Moon.
- Identifying Curses: Tips to Discover if You are Cursed.
- Magickal Manipulations: Why you may (or may not) want to use Curses, Bindings & Love Spells
- Reversal & Revenge Spells: How to send back anything sent to you – Good or Bad.
- Glamour Magick: The Magickal Art of Attraction.
- Magickal Fluids: The Magickal use of Blood, Sweat & Tears.
- Witches Curios: Items to Make & Keep in your Curio Cabinet.
This course is perfect for those who want to help and support family and clients with Magick.
Shadow Magick includes:
- A Private Facebook Group: To Commune and ask questions.
- (7) Live Classes offered on Facebook (in our Private Group)
- Written Materials.
- Recordings are available 48 hours after each lesson.
- Numerous Rituals to support you.
- Experiential Opportunities
Sign up TODAY for the Early Bird Rate.