The early morning is a transitional time, marking the boundary between sleep and wakefulness. When the day is still full of possibilities, I take advantage of the opportunity to take steps toward my dreams and desires. Morning rituals can help you start your day by aligning your mind, soul, spirit, and body.
Here are my Top 10 Morning Rituals I practice:
- Dream Recall: Whether you vividly remember your dreams or just awaken with the feeling of them (and whether you believe that dreams contain spiritual messages or think they are messages from your subconscious), the key to gaining insight is remembering them. Keep a journal by your bed so you can write them down as soon as you wake up.
- Gratitude: Think about and name all the things you are grateful for. As humans, we tend to dwell on the negative. The Universe aligns with the energies we focus on most, so it’s best to start your day with gratitude. (Also, have a reminder on your phone, so you can pause and reflect on what you’re happy about in your life a few times throughout your day.)
- Body Scan: Scan your body for any areas of tension and breathe into it, willing yourself to release the energy there.
- Stretch & Breathe: Move with intention. Say aloud, “I release any entities, thoughts, ideas, and beliefs not aligned with my Spirit,” as you exhale three times. Then say, “I joyfully receive all the healing love and abundance The Universe has to offer,” as you inhale three times.
- Take a Power Shower: Step in the shower and visualize the water clearing any unwanted energy left over from the previous day. Next, wash up with a rose soap aligned with the energy of love. If you don’t have time for a shower, use the soap to wash your hands.
- Morning meditation or chant: Create a mantra playlist and play it as you get dressed or meditate for 5 minutes.
- Go to “Church”: My “church” is my altar. This is where I thank my Ancestors and entities I work with and leave offerings (burn herbs) and petition support and protection for my family, friends (by name), and self for the day.
- Stir in Your Intention: As you make your morning tea or coffee, decide what you what to “stir up” and stir your intentions in clockwise.
- Morning Sweep: Part of my ritual is sweeping. I’m mostly sweeping up dog hair, but I also believe I’m sweeping up any stagnant energy.
- Connect to the Earth: This doesn’t have to be a long, drawn-out “earthing” process – simply watering your plants can do the trick!