Tomorrow is my favorite “Holy Day”!
It not only marks the time when the veil is thinner, and we can petition our dead with more ease, but it’s also a week away from my birthday! (This year, I have something very special for my readers for my birthday, so mark your calendars for next Sunday!)
In the meantime, Halloween (or Samhain) is also known as the Witch’s New Year.
It is the darkest period of the wheel of the year, coming just before Yule when the light returns and the days get longer. It is a perfect time for contemplation. I’m sharing my ritual with you – but feel free to create your own!
- Review your year. Did your plans and intentions come to fruition? How do you feel about that? Where do you need to surrender?
- Sit with a group you trust (or by yourself) and cast a circle (call in the elements or directions) and any deity you work with for support.
- Many people take this time to remember the loved ones lost. For me, this is not limited to human death. This year I’ll say goodbyes to old ideas, beliefs, or “shoulds.” (For example, just a couple of years ago, I thought I knew exactly what I wanted in a relationship. The “Gina” person that wanted those things no longer exists.
- Dream into/ReImagine your future. Whether you journal to music, create a vision board or create a “Vision Video” to music (easily done on your phone these days) – tap into how you want to feel in 2023.
- Enjoy a “Dumb Supper.” Make a delicious meal. Get out your fancy flatware and china and light a candle. Make a dish for your dead. As you eat in silence, see what memories, thoughts, and feelings pop up. That is your dead speaking to you.
A week from TODAY is the eve of my birth 60 years ago!!! I am honoring my email subscribers with a very special (but limited) offer, so mark your calendars, so you don’t miss it!!
And Happy Halloween!!