Curio Questions (FAQ)
We all have questions when we are first getting started on our spiritual journey. Here is a list of the most frequently asked questions that we get! Remember, your spiritual path is your own, trust yourself and have fun!
- Great question! You can cleanse your space in multiple ways, personally we recommend using smoke. Open your windows. Take sage (blue or white), juniper, palo santo, or rosemary; light it on fire (you don’t need to burn the whole thing!) and walk COUNTERCLOCKWISE throughout your space until you’ve gone throughout each room. Afterwards, close your windows and burn something to intentionally replace the energies you’ve removed. We recommend burning incense or sweetgrass, listening to your favorite music, and being in the energy you would like in your space.
- Again, you can do multiple things! As we mentioned before, you can use smoke to cleanse yourself and use those herbs we mentioned above. In that case you would pull the bundle AWAY from your heart and make sure you get below your feet and above your head. You can also take spiritual baths, which is what we would most recommend. A spiritual bath will use a combination of herbs and other ingredients to help remove or attract specific energies. When taking spiritual baths, to remove specific energies, pull away from you; to call in specific energies pull towards yourself.
- We recommend starting with what you are attracted to. Some people find themselves called to herbs, some love tarot and oracle, some people love crystals. Great beginner books are “Witchery”, “ The Book of Stones”, and “The Intuitive Tarot Workbook”. Great beginner courses would be “ The Art & Soul of Crystal Magick”, “12 Steps to Tarot Mastery” or “ Hands - On Hoodoo”.
- Don’t worry it is not water from Florida, it actually translates from “Agua Florida” or “Flowered Water”. Florida water is a traditional cologne used for clearing energies or as an offering to one’s ancestors.
- Great beginner crystals are those that you are attracted to! Though on another note, popular beginner crystals are Rose Quartz for love, Amethyst for intuition , Black Tourmaline for protection, Citrine for abundance, and Clear Quartz for amplification.
- Great question! We recommend using a pictorial deck (or a tarot deck that uses images on the cards, not just 3 cups or 4 swords) like the Lightseer’s Tarot. This helps you to develop an intuitive relationship with your tarot deck. You can also use the “Intuitive Tarot Workbook” as a way to enhance your practice. Though if you aren’t much of a reader, 12 Steps to Tarot Mastery is for you.
- Working with your ancestors is a beautiful and healing way to begin your spiritual path. We recommend creating an Ancestor Altar which would include a scarf or cloth, images of your ancestors, a glass or chalice, a white candle, and an offering plate. Each week or day (depending on your personal practices) you can fill their glass, light their candle, give them food or offerings and take the time to connect with them. Every so often you can burn Ancestor Money for them as well. Make sure to place their altar somewhere people won’t mess with it and make sure you don’t have pictures of the living and dead together on this altar.
- Outside of the mundane, creating stronger boundaries and becoming more comfortable with the word no, there are plenty of ways you can protect yourself and your space. You can carry black tourmaline with you, wear Protection Oil, burn Protection Incense, or burn black candles for protection. You can also keep bluing squares in a bowl of water by your doors to soak up other people’s negativity.
- Great question! We will gladly exchange and refund any unused/unopened or damaged products within 30 days with a receipt or online order confirmation. The only exceptions being herbs, powdered incense, consignment items, and any custom made items.